Office locations now in Orange County and Riverside County
CURRENT DATA SUGGESTS THE THYROID MAY BE ONE OF THE MOST MISDIAGNOSED AND
MISTREATED CONDITIONS IN HEALTHCARE TODAY!
THIS THYROID STORY IS WHAT YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST KNOW TO GET BETTER, Especially if you are taking thyroid medication but still experience fatigue, feeling down, lack of motivation, constipation, cold hands/feet, weight gain or inability to lose weight, thinning hair, or dry skin/hair.
50 years ago if you walked into a doctor’s office with a thyroid problem it was an extremely rare problem, and more importantly it was actually your thyroid that was the cause of your thyroid symptoms.
The doctor performed very basic testing which included TSH and T4. If TSH was high and T4 was low you were hypothyroid. Medication was given and symptoms were resolved.
****If you are on medication and your symptoms have not resolved this is a MAJOR RED FLAG and a reason to keep reading****
Fast forward 50 years to today.
The thyroid is malfunctioning, many times, SECONDARY to other issues going on in the body. THIS MEANS YOUR THYROID IS MALFUNCTIONING BECAUSE OF SOMETHING ELSE! Next point is also critical..
Many doctors may still be using the 50 year old model of diagnosing and treatment of your thyroid and NOT looking for the something else!
There are 9 thyroid tests you need in order to find what is causing your thyroid to malfunction. Only 2 are commonly done.
Click here to learn more about what else could be causing my thyroid to malfunction…
Some other KEY POINTS you must know….
There is a thyroid receptor site in every cell of the body, if your thyroid is malfunctioning it means your body is not functioning well either.
Many patients suffering from thyroid problems also have many of the conditions and symptoms listed below. These are labeled “Other Common Misdiagnosed and Mistreated Conditions” Please view these to determine if you also have these common conditions and related symptoms.
I list these because many of you are suffering from multiple conditions beyond just a thyroid problem, finding a healthcare provider to understand the complexity of this and know how to find and help them is critical for your recovery.
OTHER COMMON MISDIAGNOSED AND MISTREATED CONDITIONS MANY OF MY THYROID PATIENTS ALSO HAVE
- AutoImmune Conditions/Inflammation – Immune system attacks self cells/tissues. Symptoms include fatigue, achy muscles/joints, neuropathy, exacerbation of pain, fibromyalgia, systemic inflammation, brain fog, etc.
- Digestive System Malfunction/Leaky Gut – Heartburn, irritable bowel, bloating, burping, abdominal pain, gas, constipation or loose bowels. Digestive malfunction can also lead to increased inflammation, swelling, asthma, allergies, feeling down, etc.
- Chronic/Acute Infections - History of candida/yeast infections, UTI’s, viruses like hepatitis, Epstein Bar, Herpes, parasites, bacteria, etc. These will cause chronic inflammation due to increased immune response.
- Liver Toxicity - fatigue, intolerance to high fat foods, abdominal pain hours after eating, dry itchy skin, nausea, pitting edema, joint pain, easy bruising, diabetes, headaches, to name a few. Liver is always involved due to the amount of toxins we are exposed to daily.
- Anemia - usually in the form of B12/ folate anemia/ pernicious anemia/ iron deficiency anemia. Fatigue and weakness due to low oxygen are common symptoms. If anemic, it is impossible to heal due to lack of oxygen to tissues.
- Blood Sugar Imbalance - Too low = irritable/lightheaded if meals missed, jittery/anxious if meals missed, poor memory blurred vision, crave sweets, slow starter in the a.m. Too high = fatigue after eating, inability to lose weight despite low calorie diet, crave sweets, increased frequency of urination, increased thirst, high cholesterol, etc.
- Adrenal Malfunction - fatigue, inability to deal with stress, you feel worn out, inability to lose weight, anxious, blood sugar issues, sleep issues, muscle wasting/fat deposition, tired upon waking even with long sleep, afternoon fatigue, weak nails, crave salt, dizziness when standing, etc.
- Thyroid Malfunction - fatigue, constipation, difficulty losing weight/weight gain, feeling down, lack of motivation/mental sluggishness, thinning hair, dry hair/skin/nails, hair loss, cold hands/feet, etc.
- Hormone Imbalances - anxiety, fat deposition, mood swings, hot flashes, headaches/migraines, loss of motivation or zest for life, feeling down, PMS, etc.
- Brain Malfunction – brain fog, feeling down, poor memory, anxiety, chronic fatigue
To Learn More You can Fill Out the Box to the TOP RIGHT to have access to a full length power point, complimentary report, and gain more info about our reduced fee consultation.
***NOTE***The information on this website is not intended to take the place of, or replace, medical advice. Medication use should not be stopped if prescribed by a medical doctor, and questions related should be discussed directly with your doctor.